Below are the REQUIREMENTS for a new license for a teenage driver in Utah
- You must pass a certified Driver Education Class
- You must complete the driving requirements:
- 6 hours of range driving (3 - 2 hour sessions)
- 3 hours of road driving (4 - 45 minute sessions)
- Complete 6 hours of observation (done while watching other students during road drives)
- Pass the state Road Skills Test with 80% or better
- Pay the $95 fee
- Complete 40 hours of practice with parents or guardian (10 hours at night)
- You may count 6 hours of completed ranges and roads towards this requirement
- Pass the state online test with 100%
additional test and receive 100% to receive their first Class D license.
This test will be offered on-line and may be taken as many times as necessary prior to licensing.
The link to the test is: