Road Drives Are Starting Again!
Dear Driver Ed. Students and Parents.
We are ready to start road drives again!
We are under strict guidelines from the state that we must follow for road driving.
PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION BELOW CAREFULLY!
These rules must be followed or students will not be allowed to drive.
- Pay the fee. If you have not paid the fee you will not be allowed to drive. You should be able to pay the fee on Skyward or contact the main office to pay it. Bring a copy of your receipt to your first road drive. If you have already paid it from another quarter, you are fine.
- The cars will be disinfected before the road drive.
- No food or drink inside the vehicle.
- No more than three students and one instructor in the vehicle.
- No backpacks or personal items other than phones. Phones should be on silent while driving and observing, and should not be in use unless the instructor gives permission.
- Wash or sanitize hands before entering the vehicle and after leaving the vehicle. Hand sanitizer will be in each vehicle. Use it before and in between drives.
- When services are not being directly provided, 6 feet of physical distance must be maintained. This includes student and family waiting areas and between scheduled drive times.
- Everyone must wear face covering, including instructors. Students need to provide their own. If you don’t have one you won’t be able to drive. Students and teachers can sign up for Utah-made cloth masks (6 per household) at: https://coronavirus.utah.gov/mask/, I am looking at trying to get some extras too, but for now, everyone needs to bring their own.
- Each instructor must do a self-evaluation before the drive.
- Instructors must fill out a symptoms checklist for each student before the drive.
- Instructors must take their temperature and the temperature of each student.
- Any instructor or student with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will not be allowed to drive.
- Any student or instructor showing any symptoms or not feeling well will not be allowed to drive.
- Any student that does not pass the symptom checklist will not be allowed to drive.
- There will still be four road drives. Each of the first three road drives will last 1 hour. The 4th drive will be a 30-minute road test.
- Observation times will be counted automatically for each student, 1 hour for every student they observe while on their drive. (6 total required)
If you are not feeling well or otherwise cannot attend your time. Please let me know by email as quickly as you can, so that we can free up the spot for other students. If you simply do not show up, you will be marked as a “no-show” two no-shows will cause you to be deactivated and you will need to talk to me to be reactivated. Three no show will require a parent/student meeting with myself for reactivation.
If you have Mr. Mark as an instructor on drivyn.net, and would like to sign up for road drives, send me an email and I will switch you to another instructor for the time being, so that you can sign up for drive times.
- I am assuming that we will have many students that want to drive, and times will fill up fast. We are planning to drive as many hours as we can to catch up. Please be patient if times are full, we will be adding more.
- Please show up to the times you have scheduled. Students that do not show up and do not let us know waste times that other students could have used.
- Once summer starts we will be adding drive times in the morning and afternoon hours.
Road times should start showing up on drivyn.net today (Thursday May 21, 2020), look for them soon.
Let me know if you have any questions and thanks for your patience while we have not been able to drive.
Jordan Drive Ed.