End of Year Activities and Graduation Ceremony 2021
“Dig the Moment”
Dear Jordan High Seniors,
Congratulations on making it to May! You are 7 school days away from graduation, and considering all that you have been through this past year, this is a huge accomplishment. The purpose of this letter is to give you some important information about graduation itself so that you know what to expect, where to park, and how to get tickets for your family.
Monday, May 17th: Cap and Gown Distribution
- Lunchtime in the Auditorium
- Students must have completed the following:
o On track for graduation (credits earned; no F’s)
o NG’s cleared for 4th quarter
o Superintendent Survey completed
o Counseling Center survey completed
o Fees and fines paid
o Chromebook turned in
o Civics test passed
- Best behavior until the end of the year
Wednesday, May 19th: Advanced/Honors Diploma & Seal of Biliteracy Recognition
- 8:00 a.m. in the Auditorium
- By invitation
- Parents are welcome to attend (2 guests per graduate)
- Grab n Go cinnamon roll on the way out
Thursday, May 20th: Year End Assembly
- Double Assembly Schedule in the Auditorium
Tuesday, May 25th: Graduation Practice for Seniors
- 12:30 p.m.Beetgarden
- Seniors will be given three parking passes for graduation
- 2:30 p.m. Yearbook signing for seniors only
- 10:00 p.m. PTSA-sponsored graduation party at Boondocks; tickets are $25
Wednesday, May 26th: Graduation for the Class of 2021
- All students must be cleared for graduation to walk.
o No missing credits
o NG’s from 4th quarter made up
o No failing grades
Tickets for Graduation:
o Each senior is allowed 8 tickets for guests to attend the ceremony on the football field.
o Tickets are for general admission only. There are no reserved seats. Guests will not be allowed into the stadium until 5:00 p.m. We will have some seating available on the field or in the first row of the stadium for those who are in wheelchairs or cannot climb the stairs of the stadium.
o Instructions for obtaining tickets: (please follow directions carefully)
- The ticketing page is here: https://gobeetdiggers.org/event-tickets. You can also access them by go to www.gobeetdiggees.org then click on Tickets, on a mobile device, this is under the “more” menu
- Click the “Buy Tickets” button next to Graduation (don’t worry, they are free, but you still need to purchase them)
- If this is your first time purchasing tickets through this system, you will need to create a user account. This is where you will create your own account and password. This is NOT where you put your access code
- Once you are logged in, you may have to click “Buy Tickets” again
- Spectators will then have to click the blue link at the bottom of the page that says “Have a passcode?” Your Passcode to unlock tickets is your student number. This will unlock the tickets. Each code is for up to 8 tickets
- You will then have to complete the purchase for $0 and enter names for each ticket. You will be emailed the PDFs of each ticket with a QR for each person. Each guest must have their own electronic or paper ticket with them upon entrance.
- Each QR Code/Ticket is unique, you will need to print them out and distribute to your family, or you can screen shot each ticket and email or text it to them.
- Make sure you take the time to put in the name of each guest. Do not put the graduate’s name multiple times.
- If a child can sit on the lap of an adult, they do not count as one of the guests. (i.e. child is 3 years or under)
- Graduates do not need a ticket, only spectators.
o No admission to the stadium prior to 5:00 p.m. Once your ticket has been scanned, there is no re-entry.
o All spectators will need to be in the stadium by 6:15. Otherwise, you will have to wait for the processional to finish, and you won’t be allowed into the stadium until 6:40 or 6:45. Please be on time.
o Each senior will be given 3 parking tickets when they come to graduation practice. If they cannot attend the practice, they will need to obtain the parking tickets from their VP on Wednesday morning. All entrants (including the graduating senior) must have a parking pass to get into one of the three parking lots used for graduation.
o The following lots are available:
- Jordan High School
- Parking terrace at AvidXchange across the street
- Parking lot at the Farm Bureau Financial Services Building across the street
- You must have a ticket to park in any of these lots
o Seniors: please make sure to arrive in plenty of time so that you can park and walk to the school and be in place by 5:30.
o The gate to the back of the school will be open from 5:00 p.m. until 6:10 p.m. to allow cars to drop off those who cannot walk far. No parking will be allowed in the back of the school; it is strictly open for drop-off purposes and security will be present to ensure that no vehicles are left unattended. At 6:10 p.m. the gate will be locked. Therefore, if you have family members who cannot walk long distances, please inform them that they must arrive early to be able to use the drop off in the back of the school.
o Pictures of your graduate should be taken BEFORE the graduation ceremony. Graduates will have to return their graduation gowns at the end of the ceremony, and the lighting will be less than ideal since we will be finishing up in the evening. When the graduate returns their gown, they will then receive their actual diploma. Only diploma covers are given to the graduates as they walk across the stage.
o Lifetouch will be taking pictures of the seniors as they walk across the stage and with their diploma cover.
- 5:30 p.m. Seniors line up in the Beetgarden
- 6:30 p.m. Graduation on the football field begins (8 guests per graduate)
o Guests should arrive between 5:30 and 6 to ensure they can park, walk to the football field, have their tickets scanned, and find their seats.
- Because of the new health order from the governor, masks are no longer required at graduation. If you choose to wear a mask, of course you may do so.
Thursday, May 27th: Senior Dinner Dance
- 6:30 p.m. Senior Dinner in the Beetgarden
o Students must register to participate. If you do not register, you will not be admitted until the dance begins at 7:45, for we will not have ordered a dinner for you. Dinner is free of charge. This event is a no date event and is open to Jordan High seniors only. Register with this QR code:
- 7:45-9:45 Dance
- 9:45 p.m. (dark) Fireworks on the soccer field
- No masks required
We are excited that our festivities for the Class of 2021 will be back to normal. If you have any questions, please reach out to your counselor or assistant principal.
Mrs. Dau, Mrs. Crist, Mr. Jimenez, Mrs. Kohler, and Ms. Simao